5.17.2012

Furniture Retake: Coral and Mint Green Ombré Chairs

About a month ago I found these poor unfortunate chairs at my favorite local thrift store. They were having a 50% off tag sale and at $2.50 a pop I couldn't pass them up. 

This is what they looked like when I first got them home, x 2.


Sad, I know. 

Whilst on Pinterest I came across this image:



I love the black and yellow combination! Cute, but when I received the yellow chevron fabric that I ordered here, not so much. womp womp.


So I scratched that.

 A walk around Jo-Ann's and I found this beaut, which got me thinking magical thoughts of mint green and coral.






 It went something like this:

via
 via





 via


BOOM!




And that's how these were born.






Mint green, coral AND OMBRÉ? Yep. I did it.


I know they aren't technically patio chairs, but I put outside fabric on the seats in case I felt they would better suit the patio. ( Which I do! )

If you want to know how I reupholstered the seats, keep scrolling as I posted that info in my last post.

So, will you try Ombré on your patio? I think it looks très cool.




M

2 comments:

  1. These are brilliant! Love that you shared your whole creative process too. I am inspired, thank you!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. No, thank you!! If you have any DIY projects you'd like to see, please let me know and I'll do a video for it. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving your comment! <3

01 09 10